Hi Charles,

As far as "what you here" that feature is only available with certain
soundcards. More specifically with specific soundcard drivers. I have
two PCs with Windows 7 on them and there is absolutely no way to
record from the soundcard without a program like Total Recorder. So
while the feature is still supported on Windows 7 its not available on
every desktop and laptop.

As for your Goldwave registration info how about backing it up on a
USB flash drive? They aren't that expensive these days.