Hi Ken,
I think the problem we face is that companies don't look at people, and
only seak the dollar signs before their eyes. We aren't much of a market
to make them think twice about us.
I mean even now most of the sighted games I have played for PC, PS2,
Xbox, aare far above and beyond what the accessible games market is use
to. They have the financial backing to really go all the way.
In the Star Trek games for the PC such as Final Unity and elite Force
they paid the actual actors to do the voice overs for the game. None of
us can come close.
In some of the Lucas Arts games they hired people to stand in for the
parts like Mara Jade, and so on, but most of us don't have pro actors
and actresses at our disposal to do that sort of thing.
I do see Josh's desire to use the sounds etc as that is really the only
way we can make our games have the same quality of sound as the pro games.
If we are talking brands like Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings,
if you don't have the actual voices and effects any clone is pretty much
junk, and just isn't the same.