Um, kind of a dumb question.  I don't see a "Start" option on the main menu.
I hit everything AI can think of and the game won't begin.  How do I start?
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of dark
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2014 12:40 PM
To: Gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] The blind swordsman, an audiogame with interesting
mechanics

Hi.

This is to anyone who hasn't seen this one over at audiogames.net It's an
action game where you play a warrior who has become blind and is seaking a
warlock to help him get his site back. You have a sword and shield, but the
game is very much anime enspired with armies of attacking warriors, dagger
wielding psychotic women, and archers who's arrows you can cut out of the
air (yes it's that awsome).

The music, sounds and story are great, however what really impresses me
about this one is the gameplay. it is extremely simple, move left and right,
up arrow to attack, down arrow to parry, and should by rights be just
another sterrio target boppit affair. I am however extremely impressed by
the way the game works mechanically. You can't just automaticaly block every
attack and then respond with a hit, there are opponents you need to attack
first, some others you need to attack slightly before they do etc. Actually
the mechanics are far closer o those of a beatemup in terms of timing and
response even though the enemies only have one attack each and you have only
one block and one attack to play with.

I'd definitely advise developers interested in creating more subtle
audiogames to have a look at this one, sinse it takes that very simple idea
we've all seen time after time, but manages to make it mechanically much
more interesting and adds just those elements of judgement which I've been
wittering on about, indeed I am quite surprised it was possible in such a
basically simple game.

The story and sounds are also great too (the enemies are just so evil).
Either way I'll stop wittering and say where to get it.

The game was originally designed to run on a game play website in flash, but
getting that one to work was a bit of a pest so the author has provided a
direct download:
http://www.evildogserver.com/theblindswordsman/theblindswordsmanPC.zip

I'll be adding this one to the database when the developer sends me more
information.

Beware the grue!