Hi, Nicol,

Stem Stumper has a tutorial mode for the first several levels. If you touch the
top half of the screen, it will be read to you at the beginning of each level.

Stem Stumper doesn't have stereo sound, so you can play it without headphones.
You just have to be extra careful to know exactly what you're listening for.

Let me know if you have more questions. This is one of my favorite games. I've
replayed several levels several times.

HtH,
Teresa

Winging its way from my iPod