When I tried it back in around 2009 or so, it was fun but very limited.

The tutorial itself ended after several levels saying "file not found" which was weerd, and I wondered if it was needed to have a full copy of quake or something for this but I wasn't sure, and other than the tutorial the only thing to do was death matches against humans or bots, though i never actually had humans to play against.

Death matches fighting bots were okay as far as they went, and sapi's speaking of the speech keys such as "bot is axe murdered by dark", or "bot sucks on dark's boomstick" were rather humerous, , but I'd have enjoyed more to do in the game really, some monsters to fight, levels to finish, places to explore etc.

I tried the main game, but was totally lost, sinse it was never meant to work with the audio addon and things were confusing as heck, it also didn't help that the main game was so dark my vision couldn't assist me where as it could in the tutorials and the death match arenas for some reason.

All in all I liked the project, it looked really interesting, but I wanted to see what else could be made with it for players to do now that the basic audio was there.

as I said, this was the state of play in 2009, and things might have changed sinse then, plus of course, remember that I'm not primarily interested in death matches against humans or bots anyway sinse that sort of competition for competition's sake is much less my thing.

Beware the Grue!

dArk.