Funnily enough, I really enjoy reading manuals.

Even if i bang a game on and know how to play, or there is enough text and instructions within the game to get me started,I still actually like going back and reading the manual just for interest's sake and to pick up on more in depth information.

Back in 2001-002, just after I got on the internet I went and found lots of text walkthrus for all the snes and mega drive games I had, and really liked reading those, indeed I started using google searches just to find tips on mega man x and x2, and found some great stuff on the mega man network site and gamefaqs, so reading manuals always makes me think of that.

I actually find the modern trend of missing manuals in games for Ios slightly disappointing, sinse if I'm really heavily involved with a game but don't fancy playing, it's nice to sit down with the manual, or a general walkthru or wiki without specific information and plan or imagine what is coming next or what else exists in the game to try.

All the best,