Hi Cara,
Interesting enough I noticed while playing Elite Force it seams to be
based on a modified version of the Quake Engine. Some of the stuff
reminded me allot like Quake, but was all Star Trek.
The sounds were packed in the Quake 3 pak file format which was a sinch
to lockpick, and that leads me to believe they used the Quake 3 engine
as the basis for Voyager.
I suppose there might be a couple of ways of cranking out an accessible
version such as rewrite a new executable or come up with an Audio Quake mod.