Hi Nicol,

Yes, probably not too safe if people can kick other's swing and send it out of
control.  I don't remember ever seeing a swing ride like that.

When they were still open, I also used to go to the Euclid Beach park and the
Geauga Lake park.  They had this ride that from the side looked like a
butterfly.  Well a bunch of butterflies hanging from cables almost like a marry
go round.  It went pretty fast.  The front wing was actually a wind rudder.  So
you turned it to the left and turned in towards the center.  Turn it right and
fly out away from the center.  If you kept up doing it in rhythm, you could get
flying out and up pretty high.  Actually so high that your butterfly would fall
in and bounce on the cable.  Of course the ride operator would yell at you and
tell you not to do that.  And you flew so close to the roof of a picnic area
pavilion that it looked like you were going to hit it's roof.

I still love amusement parks, water land parks and the medieval fairs, but have
not had the opportunity to go for a couple of years.

BFN

    Jim

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA