Hi Paul,

That's true. From what I understand of Xamarin while it does provide a
nice place to start with for cross-platform programming it doesn't
support everything out of the box. There are still cases where one
will find himself or herself in a position of doing a bit of specific
platform coding to support something outside of the Xamarin API. One
thing you need to understand about cross-platform programming is there
is no such thing as a one size fits all solution.

Cheers!