To: "Dakotah Rickard" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2014 5:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] A Brief Tribute; was: Pizza Delivery

Hi Dakotah,

Yes, all have fun. I got my first talking computer in December 1989 and like you, I didn't find much out there for us to have fun with. I stayed at the Cleveland Sight Center for 10 weeks starting in January 1990. While there learning braille etc, I wrote my braille reference guide program. My braille instructor made sure that it was all correct. I also started converting my graphical games to be accessible. At first I had to write Jaws for dos script files to do so. I think that it was in 1991 that those games were on the Henter Joyce BBS. Later I learned how to make the games work correctly with all dos screen readers, and up loaded them to the PC Ohio BBS, which was part of the planet connect system, so the games got shared to BBSs all over the world. Some times though I would also up load them to Willie Wilson's BBS Blink Link. At first it was just all text and some sounds out of the PC speaker. Then Phil Vlasak found the source code for a golf game and added wave files to it. He showed me how he did it. I found a different golf game and did the same to it. Then started adding wave file sounds to my other dos games. When the BBSs went away, David Poehlman kept my games on his web site. I believe that it was in 2000 that David Greenwood helped me to get started going from dos Microsoft Extended Quick Basic (PDS7) to Microsoft Visual Basic 6. At that time we were using TegoSoft to play the sound files. Later Allen Maynard shared me some DirectX code for playing sound files.

Speaking of my original Mach 1 race game, Guy Vermeulen suggested that we have a racing series, so his friend Hugo janssens organized one. He would tell us which track, the difficulty level and how many laps. We had days to run as often as we wanted and then send him our best time. He would collate the results and Email them out. He did that for years. I think about a hundred and twenty five people were part of it at one time or another.

I also know and have had fun joining people such as Charles Rivard who play my games such as golf, monopoly, skunk, yahtzee etc in, on line voice chat rooms and phone party lines. That is a really nice and social way to play my games together since I do not know how to write on line games.

Oops, late for my pills.

BFN

    Jim

Kitchen's Inc, for games that are up to 110 percent funner to play.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA