Hi tim.

I'm still a little confused at this correspondance between D&D and deaths, or indeed what you mean about a girl crawling around in the woods and D&D.

As far as I knowand have ever played, D&D,like all tabletop games involves you and your friends and a game master sitting around in a nice warm house with your dice and character sheets (or electronic versions of same), essentially participating in a collective story the gm is telling.

As I said, I can believe that someone probably has committed a murder or similar, but only the same way any social activity provokes murder. There's no directly violent action or running around with real weapons.

This is a contrast from larp, live action role play which does! involve dressing up like your fantasy character and running around smacking each other with fake weapons. This is not something I've ever done or personally would particularly want to do (sinse I don't see the point of being physically limited to playing a blind character), however I have many friends who are keen larp fans, and they describe a very strict set of rules and code of conduct, such as having a licensed first aider, having only specific phome weapons usable, having a set guide when out in wild locations who is responsable for knowing where all the players are etc.

?

indeed apparently at one point a couple of friends of mine were getting ready to go to one of their larp events dressing in gear, and were accosted by a drunken idiot wielding a large table knife saying "I want to play too" and swinging it around like a moron, ---- their response was to phone the police!

?

So, I don't particularly see D&d any more dangerous than any other in door social activity would be, and while larp does entail more risk, when run properly it's no more dangerous than say fencing, wilderness walking or other out door sports.

?

Beware the grue!

?