Thanks for this response dark I'm glad you got where i was coming from.

-----Original Message----- From: dark
Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2015 5:40 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Jim kitchen obituary

Hi Lisa.

I fully agree with you that Jim was far more than just his games and the
response of "what about his games now" can seem calous in some lights.

However, by the same tocan, I don't think wanting to preserve an artist's
unique work is disrespectful. Jim's games after all have been in the lives
of hundreds of people, they definitely preserve much of his humour, his
personality and the things he loved, indeed it's for this reason that
they're so very distinctive.

I personally am not worried about Jim's games being lost, simply because so
many people, myself definitely included have copies and would be more than
willing to host them, however I do think people's concern about this is more
due to an appreciation of all Jim has done and the desire that it be
preserved for future gamers, than a selfish "well how do we play it now"
sort of mentality, indeed it's likely most people have the game's backed up
anyway.

Hope this makes sense. I did try to write something of a tribute on
audiogames.net (you can find it under Bryan P's news), where at least I
tried to make this point.

Yes, Jim will be sorely missed, including the contributions to this
community from his sly humour and taglines to the games he lavished so much
love and attention on and gave out freely to everyone else to enjoy.

All the best,