Hmmm I wouldn't run a petition at all.
A recent studdy here has shown these to be feel good things to make us feel as if we are doing something.
But online petitions are non binding.
Ie you don't have to accept these at all.
They could be spam, and once those sites have your email who knows what viruses/ spam/ fishing attacks you will then get.
Bottem line, they don't work.
The mainstream market just doesn't want audiogames like that.
At least the big companies.
I work for sonnar interactive, a small new zealand company.
I had a lot of news I posted, and allready on the audiogames forum I see the post waaaaay down the first page, and by tomorrow it will be off of that meaning the interest is 0. Audio games do cost a lot we will need 5000 to 50000 to make things, 1000 for small game. So yes it costs a lot to make games not the millions it may cost but depends what you do and use. For example, a lot of my sfx are from sound libraries that I pulled of private servers by others in the audio production industry, some I have directly pulled from games, others are my own but not many. It costs a lot to actually buy sfx, and while I have spent about 300 bucks on royalty free sfx, it is certainly harder to justify the spend on high quality libraries especially when there is a lot out there. Voice acters cost, the website, domain, cost, everything for the games cost so yeah while maybe a little less in the tens to hundreds of thousands instead of millions I'd like to assure users that things may not even pan out.