jim wrote all his games in visual basic 6 for windows95 and windows98. and for his dos games, he wrote them in q-basic for dos.

On 3/7/2017 9:35 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:
I don't think those games were written in powerbasic. If they were, there would be no need for all those dlls that come with most of the games. I'm fairly certain it was visual basic, not powerbasic. Powerbasic produces executables that are extremely small, and have no external dll requirements, and run on all versions of windows from 95 up to 10. Jim's games definitely require external dlls, and sometimes, even need extra libs installed. I'm pretty sure it was visual basic used for their development, not powerbasic, but since I don't play those games, I could be wrong, but regardless, powerbasic has a free classic version of it's compiler available at it's web site, anyone can download the version 9 gui compiler, and version 5 commandline compiler for free, and I strongly urge anyone looking to write windows programs to do so, since there's no other compiler in the industry that produces tighter executables.