I do agree.
And for me its the other way.
Windows is to simple, so if it breaks no one knows what to do anymore.

On 11/03/2017 4:33 a.m., Travis Siegel wrote:
This is just plain wrong.  Dos was not overly complicated, unix still
exists, and it is very similar to dos.  The only thing dos didn't do was
multitask (though later versions of dos and 3rd party utilities did
solve this problem to some degree), the fact that you didn't understand
it doesn't make it complicated, confusing and useless.  Unix is still in
very wide use today, and yes, even unix has gui interfaces, but ask any
decent system admin, and they'll tell you that if you need something
done quickly, and accurately, there's no substitute for a straight up
command line, since you can accomplish with a single command what might
take several clicks with a mouse, and (in rare cases) can't be done at
all using the gui.
Nothing wrong with dos, unix, or any other type of operating sytem, each
person uses what works for them, and that's just fine, that's the whole
point of choice afterall.
In your example, the reason your cd command din't change you to another
drive, is because changing drives is a simple as typing in the new drive
letter.  You want drive d or drive e, just type d: or e:.  That's all
there is to it.
But, in any case, this is way off topic for the list, so let's try to
limit discussions on this.  The fact that you can still play dos games
whether it be with emulators, or by converting them to windows programs
by recompiling/rewriting them in modern languages/compilers shouldn't be
too far off topic though.  I'd be more than willing to assist anyone
wishing to port dos games to windows if they have source code for said
games. It's often not a straightforward port, but it's also usually not
all that difficult either, just a matter of recoding to take advantage
of event driven instead of command driven interfaces.  I'm perfectly to
help anyone needing/wanting help porting programs to windows, linux,
mac, or any other os I can get my hands on if I can make it talk.  It's
extremely rewarding to see a program be revived from ashes, and see it
running on modern operating systems, not to mention it allows many
others to enjoy that program who might otherwise not have had the chance.