Hi Yohandy,
It would appear to be so. I have checked my Vista mixer settings twice
and the only recording devices supported and or available is the line in
jack and the microphone. No others midi, wave out mix, etc is even
listed. That is going to hurt game reviews and podcasts I think.
As for weather or not you can pick your OS I'd say systems with XP
should be available for the  next six months or so, but with the big
drive to go Vista most companies already are starting to put out all new
computers with Vista on them.
I've seen some Del comercials selling new systems with Vista and my
local Wal-Mart has some Compaqs and HP systems with Vista, and the XP
ones going over to the sell or throw away pile.
I don't know how soon or late it wilol take to faze out the XP systems,
but fact is Vista is only three weeks old, and my local stores are
putting the XP boxes over in the sell or scrap pile.