Hi Jim,
Yeah, I used winkit, and that wasn't the problem I encountered here.
I've been a user of your games for a number of years, and so I know how
to install your games. <Smile>
The problem here I believe is do to Vista's new security. Windows Vista
is all about read, write, and execute management. When it comes to
system folders like program files, Windows, Users, etc one can not just
simply self-extract a bunch a files in to a directory. This is to
increase safety from viruses, but it also prevents small time devs like
yourself from just dumping a program in the program files directory and
forgetting about it.
I can offer two solutions for this issue. One you can have
self-extractor unpack the files locally to the users home directory, or
two I can write you a setup installer for the games which is operating
system independant from 98 to Vista.
In the long run you might be best served by the second option eventually.
Cheers.