Hi Damien,
Good question. There isn't a "admin account" as in the old days. There
is some users that are added to an "admin group" which can perform admin
changes, but he/she must launch them from a pull down menu in some
cases, or confirm it in a admin dialog that pops up.
For example, with Jim Kitchen's games to modify the contents of the
program files directory I have to arrow to the extracting zip file,
press context key, and run as administrator before launching that file.
Otherwise Vista will come back with a permission  denied error.
This was somethinhg i did not know the first time I tried Jim's Games,
but since then I am getting a feel for Vista and how to get passed these
annoyences simply by knowing where to access the admin rights.
There is a book on Safari on Vista network admin, and one for end users
I want to get as soon as it is out of rough cuts. It should give me a
good look inside how to do allot more with the os.