Hi Thom,
  Here is my suggestions. I don't have all of the voices mentioned so this
is where I am coming from.

  Do what ever is easiest for you while still producing a great quality game
that you are willing to put your name on. If this means making the voices
with SAPI then so be it. One possibility is to use SAPI for the voices in
the first released version at maybe a lower cost to the consumer. Then as
bugs and the such come in you could then change the voice to wav file types
and release it as an updated version which might cost a few dollars more due
to the time in adding the extra features.

  If you decide to make the voices of a higher quality and it takes longer
most consumers would certainly understand. Either way you go I am pretty
sure that it will be a great game to play.

    Rich