Hi Cb.

while it is true that the large amount of audio in Sarah makes it imho one
of the slightly more difficult 3D audio games, there are also many functions
in the game to help you.

You can use the automatic navigater to give you precise directions about
where passages go etc, set it in the options menue of the game when I first
started playing Shades, i used to need it set on Partial, though now i'm
more used to that style of game i prefer to turn it off. also making
frequent use of the shift D scan command might be helpful as well,
particularly in Sarah, sinse it also pointsout the entrances to the castle's
various named rooms such as the entrance hall, basement and ground floor
corridor.

If you read through the manual, there are a hole variety of commands to make
finding your way around easier, ----- though some of them can't be used
until you've obtained a special item, ---- such as the Marauders' map, or a
remembrall.

I will admit playing 3D audio games is something that takes practice, and I
myself stil find Monkey business and Technoshock slightly more difficult,
but imho games like Shades and especially Sarah, are much more rewarding due
to the exploration factor.

Beware the Grue!