Hi Gary,

 One thing is in your favor when
developing the game is that your the only one programming it and will, know
all the ins and outs and keeping a dictionary of the varibles and such with
a module type of application.  When more then team of programmers are
developing a project this does become a hamper to be sure.
End quote

All of my variables are stored in classes. I am a big believer in fully
object oriented design and programming.
There are actually no global variables. I merely create objects for the
tracks and cars which reference the variables contained in the classes
and subclasses.
Not only does this make my programs more moduler and expandable, but it
keeps the code nice and clean.