As I said before, I think keeping it with SAPI is a good idea. At work,
we see similar SAPI issues when people want to use Eloquence for their
speech, but they installed another version of Eloquence from another
product. The same Eloquence but different versions cannot co-exist very
easily on the same machine. For example, Window-Eyes ships with
Eloquence version 5 and K1000 version 11 ships with Eloquence 6. So,
when people have these 2 products, they need to choose if they want to
use Eloquence 5 or 6. I've heard from some people who say they can get
both versions to co-exist, but I do not know the way. I think that it's
possible the problems people tend to have may be version conflicts more
than anything. In any case, these situations really are the minority and
the exception to the rule.

--

Raul A. Gallegos .. http://www.asmodean.net