Hi Dark,

I know it's a very early point to ask the question, but I sort of vaguely
got the idea that some program code can be written in such a way as to make
new add ons and so on easier to create.
End quote

Yep. All Che needs to do is make some sort of level or quest editor for
the game which generates new things for the games, and they can be added
into the main engine. All thanks to good object oriented moduler
programming.
The Rail Racer track editor and Lonewolf mission creator are all good
examples of this.