Hi Dark,
Over here in the good old USA we have a cable TV station called Spike.
They play Star Trek all afternoon long Monday-Friday. It includes TNG,
Voyager, and I think they still have DS9 on sometimes.
Anyway, I've had a renewed interest in TNG, and I think STFC 2 will be
more a TNG style game than a DS9 style one.
All of the ships in STFC 2 are based on TNG shows. The Enterprise,
Monitor, Sutherland, Phoenix, etc were all seen on TNG.
For example, my idea for including the Phoenix came from the show, "the
Wounded." As it turns out the Phoenix is  a Nebula class starship, but
matches the Enterprise in weapons and strength. Great ship to have on
your side when blasting away Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians, and Borg.
The Sutherland has made guest appearances both on TNG and DS9. It was
first mentioned in Redemption II as having not been pressed into
service. the crew of the Enterprise, Data in particular, took over the
unfinished Sutherland to stop Commander Sela's attack. It later showed
up on DS9 during the Dominion War.