Hi Simon and all,
For what it is worth this is what I think as a gamer and a developer.
You have a very valid point that as a whole, so to speak,  the
accessible games market has seamed to stall. It appears from this latest
Audyssey issue that game developers are continuing to talk about the
same games, at least similar styles, of games and there isn't allot new
coming out that really grabs my attention as a developer or as a game
player.
I don't want to be overly critical of RS Games or anyone else, but
reading about the release of another Chopper Patrol type clone made me
inwardly Grown. I'm not saying the developers are bad, or that the games
themselves are bad. What I am saying is that accessible developers
really need to try and produce something more in the RPG genres, perhaps
some 3D First Person games, or experiment with any game outside of this
point and shoot style we have slipped into in the accessible games market.
We have had some remarkable mile stones like GMA's release of Shades of
Doom which truly introduced a modern FPS style game to the blind market,
Rail Racer that has introduced live one on one networked gaming via a
web server, the accessible Audio Quake project which tries to
demonstrate how a sighted game can be made accessible, Sarah which
introduces not only FPS action but puzzle solving, GMA's Tank Commander
which is a good tank symulation, but beyond that I've seen allot of the
space invader type clones, point and shoot games, card games, and we
have enough of those already. It is time to look at the mile stones
available to us and begin building on those foundations.
 As far as USA Games goes I've been looking at games like Audio quake
and figuring out how the 3D engine concept can be improved to offer full
accessibility in a 3D environment. Once discovered I can begin creating
games nearly equal to halo, Tomb Raider, Jedi Knight, and other popular
sighted games.
Also the RPG and fantacy style games like Final Fantacy are not
impossible to work on. The only downside is having quality acters to do
the parts for the various characters in the RPG.
In the end doing an RPG for us might not be as good as the sighted
counterparts, but we can do it to some degree if we are like Phil using
lots of TTS engines to create character voices to play out the
characters in the story.