Hi Karl,
Exactly. One thing I do is walk Angela towards the skull, as close as I
dare, and then stop and wait for the skull to begin approaching. Once
the skull sounds close I jump over it, and run for the item on the other
side of the skull or other monster. Usually, the skull is facing the
wrong direction at this time so i can get the item before it turns
around and begins coming back for Angela.
It is really not a complex issue. It is something that just needs good
hand and ear coordination, and a little thought how to get over the
skulls and other monsters without getting attacked.