Tech support is one job I really wouldn't fancy Tom. A friend of mine worked
for the m.O.t. (minastery of transport), office on their tech support line
when they were installing new systems, which involved phone calls from lots
of mechanics and garage owners, ---- very good at fixing cars, less good
with computers.

In one phone call, my friend told someone to press ctrl alt, the chap asked
where, my friend (with much patience), asked him to get his keyboard. the
chap was a litle surprised, the phone was put down and there was much
clanking, when it was picked up, my friend in great suspician asked what the
chap had done, ---- he replied that he had his keyboard, ie, the wooden
board on which he hung his keys.

this was also the same phone call in which the mechanic threatened to take
the new Pc outside and run it over with his van!

though in fairness, it seems that any tech system set up by the government
is so needlessly, stupidly complex it staggers even relatively computer
literate people, sinse it's generally completely insane with network
passwords and custome software that doesn't do the job (rather like our
university network, lol!).

Beware the Grue!