Hi Lisa and all,
Fortunately, I won't have to write a game three times to support Mac,
Linux, and Windows all at the same time. The language we are looking at,
Java, is very portible across Mac, Linux, and Windows operating systems
and was designed especially for developers wanting to run a program on
any operating system with only miner changes to support all of them.
For example, Mac OS Leopard has the Java runtime libraries installed by
default. For Windows and Linux the Java runtime is a simple add on which
of course you would be able to get from my system requirements page. No
big deal as far as I see it.