Hi Lisa,
Yes, it most certainly is. I have been  doing some research the past
week on this very issue, and what we want to do isn't easy, but
shouldn't be extremely difficult either.
The main issue is just finding the proper stuff to work with Java to do
force feedback for Raceway, getting FreeTTS for text to speech, joal or
something for audio, and so on. FRom all accounts doing a cross platform
game should be doable.