Hi,
Ah, I do see why you were using Python 2.4. Debian is notorious for
supporting older stuff long after Fedora, Ubuntu, and other
distributions have upgraded to a version or two ahead to the latest
packages.
Though, if you would do it I would really really appreciate it if you
could make a 2.5 build for me. In return I could take your sounds and
pic files and create a nice dpkg package for Debian and Ubuntu Linux
systems for easy installation with a shell script to run python and
launch it out of the box for Linux gamers interested in your game.
If not what I could do is build Python 2.4, install it to a non-standard
location like /opt, and run it by setting some export flags to it.