From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dark
Sent: 28 January 2008 12:41
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Doctor Who Games was game releases

Hi tom.

well even overhere startrek and starwars are pretty much at icon status,
and
only now is doctor who coming back into fashion. Part of the problem of
course, was that the original series was canceled in 1989, so all the
old
company deals that supported it weren't really around at the time I was
growing up. In fact, i only really became interested in doctor who
because
we happened to get sky Tv, and doctor who was shown every Sunday morning

(which my parents subsequently taped for me).

>From what I've read though the new series, ----- and especially the
torchwood spin off seem to be doing extremely well, and I've seen
figures
and indeed, remote control Daleks in the shops.

>From what you say though, Battlestar galactica had about the same
>experience
overhere as doctor who got in the states before the new series. I only
by
chance caught the first two hour long special on a showing of classic
Scifi
films, ---- and later watched the hole loton the Scifi channel, but I
had no
idea the series had that sort of status in America, ---- and was
actually
quite surprised when i heard of the new series.

I suspect there will be a doctor who game of some kind in the mainstream
at
some point, but as has been said, an audio game based on doctor who,
-----
the same way we have Jedi quake and final conflict for those series
would be
really nice for long time fans, ----- though at the moment I'm stil on
my
rewatch through next gen in preparation for watching all of Ds9 later
on.

Beware the who!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] You can make changes or update your
subscription via the web, at
list, please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
27/01/2008 18:39

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
28/01/2008 10:59