Hi Charles,
Well, I might have to add a few extra key strokes, but I think the basic
keyboard layout is going to remain the same.
For example, if I add extra weapons and tools I am probably going to
want to asign each weapon and tool to a number key so you can select it
such as 1 sword, 2 whip, 3 bow and arrow, 4 healing potion, 5 torch,
etc. When you press space bar it will take the proper action like swing
sword, light torch, drink potion, etcThe Tomb Raider games are like this
and it is sort of nice. All you need to remember is to press the space
key when you are holding the proper item/tool.
Another idea is I think I am going to reverse the arrow and shift+arrow
combos. I have had several request to asign run to left and right arrows
and asign walk to the shift+arrow combos. As i run a lot myself it is
one of those ideas that does make sense.
One thing we could do with this run/walk idea is there are certain traps
like spikes you can only avoid by walking, but if you run you will fall
on them and Angela is run through. Interesting?