Hi Bryan,
Exactly. I like the idea of adding more strategy and options to the game
play, combat, and traps.
For example, let us say you have a roaring fire, and you happen to have
some kind of container with you. Oh, you remembered the under ground
lake you saw a couple of rooms back. Run back, draw some water, and toss
it on the flames. They go out and you can walk over that place.
Perhaps there is a room with spikes or darts that will kill you as soon
as you walk into that room. Maybe there is a hidden lever somewhere in
the temple you can pull and it will reset the spikes so they won't kill you?
It is all apart of rethinking how the game works, adding in some puzzle
solving or something.