hello Cara.

I thought you might be able to help me with this one, --- thanks! Appologies
for the late reply, I've been horribly, unbelieveably busy and haven't been
able to try audio quake for a couple of days.

the map command now works, ---- i feel like an absolute fool sinse I was
missing the space off, lol!

A friend of mine might even have the original game Cd knocking around
somewhere, which would be nice.

Reguarding the 9th tutorial map, something very weerd indeed seems to happen
there. when I try to load it I get:

couldn't load sound/enforcer/enfire/wav
couldn't load sound/enforcer/enfstop/wav
the required model file "laser/progs/mdl" could not be found or downloaded,
you may need to download or perchice a id1 client pack in order to play on
this server.

this is why i thought the full version of quake was necessary to play on
that tutorial map.

any help would again be appreciated.

all the best,