Hi Cara,
Well, I never thought writing Lonewolf missions were too bad, but I know
lots of gamers that did find it an issue. Then, again I am a programmer
so one script language is the same to me as the next. I don't have the
parcer scripts memorised any more but it went something like this to
create a ship.
<02> NAME=Destroyer LENGTH=010 WIDTH=002 HEIGHT=50 DEPTH=025 SPEED=030
Basicly, a lot of it was just using reserved variables and flags that
were set by the LW parcer. As a programmer I have a pretty good idea how
it works and one glance is enough for me to get the picture and general
idea. For someone totally new to programming while they can learn it
they won't have that instant moment of click where it all falls in place.
As it is I won't be adding a mission parcer in STFC just do to the work
involved in adding that kind of functionality to a game. Adding
customisation that has to handle just about any idea someone might come
up with.