Hi Sarah,
As for the poll I took I really did want to know what the majority of
people wanted. However, I have been under some serious stress and
depression lately. When I talked to someone about it the person I talked
to gave me some very good advice. Yes, I could complete the game as a
side-scroller, be unhappy and disappointed about the poll results, and
have to live with the fact I made some very bad choices of finishing
James North's games. The alternative is to create the type of game I
would feel good about, that would be interesting to me, and simply do
what I felt best for the game rather than listening to gamers that
really don't know what is going on in my life or a thing about
programming. In the end I chose to follow my own star.
As for side-scrollers vs FPS I do not think side-scrollers are old out
dated technology. I simply don't feel interested in creating more games
of that style right now. If I have to finish the side-scroller, so be
it, but as soon as it is done I whipe my hands clean of the entire
business. Don't look for upgrades or a continuation after it is finished.