Heya Tyler and all.

Well today I went out and, as my mother used to say spent money like a
drunken sailor lol.  Fortunately it was money I have been saving for
just such a frivolous shopping spree.  I went ahead and picked up a psp
system one of the package deals.  I did some serious thinking about the
point you raised about buying new versus used with these newer systems
and although sure I could have saved money in the short run it very well
might cost more in the long run.  I am very glad I did now that I see
that little drive on the back, somebody could jack that up without there
being any visible sign of it or they might not even know it and then
you've got an expensive paperweight.  I am afraid I did not get as good
a price as you quote however the package I got came with a 1gb memory
stick in case I want to screw around with the music and/or movies.  I
know the menus are not accessible of course but my wife is willing to
help me out with it even though she thinks I'm nuts for spending the
money, so that is great.  In fact she is out trying to set the time zone
and other junk that you have to set before you can do anything else.  I
also picked up a protective case and screen protector for it to help
keep it looking nice.  For some reason this one did not come with the
cleaning cloth but I have several of those around here you can just use
the kind that are made for cleaning glasses according to gamefaqs they
are supposed to work fine.

The package also came with some family guy episodes or something on UMD
which I have no interest in whatsoever and will probably try to unload
on somebody who wants it, and a game called daxster which I know
absolutely nothing about.  I'll probably take a look around on gamefaqs
and see if I can find something on it.

Thanks very much for the very detailed description you gave of the
system.  That is an awesome job particularly when you do not have your
hands on one at the moment.  The only discripancy I have found so far is
where you say there is a button on the back edge of the unit to open the
umd drive, I do not find a button there is just a little detent in the
case so you can get a fingertip under the right corner of the door.  I
will have my wife check out all the buttons to see if one of them is an
eject button I would think you'd want one as you would not want to just
open that door when the drive is going.

Well that's about all for now I am too tired to fool with it much
tonight got it out and got it charged up so will have at it tomorrow.

Best regards,

Tom