Hi Shaun,
I agree. Tyler did have the Jaws voice rate up way too fast for a
demonstration. When working I also have my speech rate up equally as
fast, but for a demonstration on something I am unfamiliar with I would
have prefered the speech rate be a little slower so I can be certain to
hear everything clearly.
Other than that the fact Tyler didn't use a written outline of some kind
are my only two major complaints with the podcast. I really think if we
are going to broadcast and demonstrate programs and services to the
blind community at large we should aim for a cemmi-professional podcast
format/quality. Most of us aren't probably good public speakers, I
realize that, but there are ways to improve our public speaking skills.
The best way to improve our public speaking skills i by using notes,
outlines, and some kind of reference to have on hand as we are doing our
podcast. It helps organize your thoughts, sets a defined format for your
podcast, and there is no guessing what to say next as it all is really
right there on your braille notes.
For those in college or thinking of attending college taking some
communication classes would really help as well. In communications
classes they will teach you how to prepare speaches, state all points as
quickly and clearly as possible, and what should and should not be said
in your public program.  Most people have a tendancy to get board
quickly so your speach or podcast needs to be informative and
interesting enough to hold your end users attention for at least 30
minutes. The last thing we want to do when podcasting is stop and start
in the middle of a thought, spend too much time  fiddling with this or
that in the background,and so on. those sorts of disruptions to the
podcast have a way of getting your listener disinterested in your program.

shaun everiss wrote:
 > good points tom, also the speech was still to fast, I never have my
speech fast, in fact I still don't understand the miriani combat thing
well though there is a good pack which I am getting, i probably should
put it somewhere.