hi Liam,
Well, a lot of it comes down to what weapons and armor you have. There
are some really good weapons and armor in the game that gives you major
boosts in mr and stamina. Also it depends on where you put your
experience points. If you put all your exp into melee rather than
magical powrs your mr is going to get very high pretty fast. If you are
like me and put your exp into powers then your melee is going to be
lower than your magical abilities. My main character Catherine is a grey
mage for the order of the Gray Circle and her magical powers is much
better than melee.