Hi,
Well, the current intro scene at the start of the game has her just
walking through the jungle, and her opening the temple door. I do admit
a combat intro scene does sound a little cooler. However, I don't think
they would be able to steel much since she is armed with a Browning 9MM
to begin with. Not a very powerful gun going up against these bad guys,
but good enough to keep them at bay in small numbers.
Though, losing some items would make sense since she does use torches
instead of something you might expect like a flashlight. After all you
would think someone entering a temple would use a flashlight, and
currently she doesn't have one in her inventory.
Cheers.