who knows.
there are in fact loads of fan fictions and fan audio things.
I do aggree that on one series paramount got a bit mad because of copywrite use
but most stuff about 99% of the stuff except for a couple series I know of
actually go through fine.
maybe they concider it as another piece of fan fiction or something.
after all