Hi Ryan,
I see your point, but I also see Draconis's point as well. Keep in mind here that Microsoft has introduced a completely new way of developing software with Windows Vista, and from what I hear Windows 7's development platform is going to largely build upon the core technologies for Windows Vista such as the .NET Framework, XNA, etc while fazing out Visual Basic 6, most of DirectX, etc. What this means is that it is going to become almost impossible to support Monkey Business, Aliens In the Outback, etc in a few years. They were designed ffor the Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP era of Windows, and now that Windows 7 is on its way in 2010 Draconis is going to have to rewrite or stop supporting there old games. As Josh said in the e-mail, "they don't want to have to run into another Windows Vista in the near future." As someone who is a happy owner of Monkey Business I don't want to upgrade to say Windows 7 in a few years and suddenly find out all of my old games are dead on arrival. That actually happened to me when I first upgraded to Windows Vista last year. I installed some of my games and they blew up. I did some research and discovered that Vista didn't ship with DX7VB.dll and DX8VB.dll as well as a couple other VB 6 libraries. Installing Jim Kitchen's Winkit install fixed the errors, but it was a nasty surprise none-the-less.

Ryan Conroy wrote:
Why can't we forget about games like Monkey business and move on now? These
games have been out for years, why are we changing them. If anything, there
should be a Monkey Business part 2 or something. Not keep adding on to the
existing titles.
Just my two scents worth.
Ryan C.