Hi,
Think of it this way. Let us assume that part of the beach is like a
room 20 feet wide. If you move too far left you will hit a wall or in
this case the edge of the level. If you move all the way right you hit
the other wall or the edge of the level the only way to beat and pass
that level is to kill the airbot. That is the one and only thing you
need to do on that level. That is why it is so small.
With Super Liam you will find the entire game is setup this way. You
will have two full levels and then you will come to a boss level.
There are a couple of exceptions to this rule such as the volcano
escape level that ffollows the lava lake levels.