Hi Lelia,
Interactive Fiction is a generic term for all text based games written
using the inform, tads, and other such text adventure programming
languages. By and large most of them are very accessible, and can be
quite fun. It is basically interactive stories. You often have to type
commands such as open, look, get, etc to interface with the games.
Here is an example of such an interactive fiction game.

You are standing in the warm summer air out side your house. In front
of you is a large mailbox. There does not seam to be anything around
you of interest.
You type, "open mailbox"
You suddenly open the mailbox and find a letter inside. It is covered
in a white envelope with strange writing on it. Even though you can't
read the writing you know it looks like something out of a fantacy
story.
You type, "get letter"
You take the letter out of the mailbox. You are holding the letter.
You type, "read letter"
You open the envelope and out falls an ancient partchment with Elfish
runes written upon it. As soon as your skin touches the enchanted
paper you realise you suddenly can read the text. It says, "Welcom
great adventurer. You have been chosen to be the next hero in Fantacy.
Inside this envelope is a magic amulet that will take you from your
normal existance to the land of Elves, Dwarves, heroes, and monsters.
So get ready for an adventurer of a life time."

Anyway, that is an example of how interactive fiction games work. It
is basically like a text based story where you talk back and forth
with the game giving it instructions that it will try to carry out.
Smile.

On 12/19/08, lelia <struv...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>     Hi all, I was just listening to a cast of a pod" made by Dark, grin, and
> in this pod that he cast he talked of interactive fiction? Is it accessible
> to us and if so what do I do to play it?
>
> thanks
>
> Lelia

Sincerely:
Thomas Ward