From: "ari" <aridamoula...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 1:12 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Table Games was Re: Air Hockey

Hi Ian and Dark,
The problem with that is, it takes the fun out, because you're stopping the
disk from flying around, which is supposed to happen. Dark, let's for a
moment forget about the fact that you need to use the disk that came with
the machine, or let's pretend the owner said you can modify it, is there an
answer? I've also wondered about this when it comes to things like table
football, or even table tennis and pool, because a lot of the time it's
really rubbish to not play properly, or have to sit out while the sighted
guys have the fun. For snooker, I have heard that some blind people label
the balls in braille, like y for yellow, p for pink, r for red, which is
interesting. For me, though, as I don't have ready access to a pool table, I
have trouble even shooting a ball with a long cue, but that is because I
can't practice, I don't think that that's got anything to do at all with
being blind. The only problem I think a blind person has, it's impossible to
get a visual perspective of the table, but, if you're playing with a sighted
person, you can ask if there are any balls in your way, and if you're
playing with another blind person, then you'll have to feel very carefully
around the table, which sometimes takes ages.
Ari