Hi.

Well I'm trying out Adom. I must admit my ability to see coloured text is
helping, but actually imho it's got some of the nicest roguelike features ever,
in particular the examine command which gives you a curser you can wander
around the screen with and look at objects around your character.

The only thing that makes things quite difficult for me, ---- and would make
things a regular pest for access without use of the screen is that everything
and everyone in the game moves around each time your character does, and there
is absolutely no way of tracking them without using your look command to wander
the hole screen.

I haven't for example found been able to find the village elder at all, and
only once have I found the sherrif.

It would be really useful if a basic coordinate system could be added which
would alert you of the relative coordinates of objects around you, specifically
monsters, items, doors and stairways, also a coordinates system for when using
the look command.

Just my thoughts. I might well contact the dev on this, sinse compared to my
nethack experience adom is incredibly accessible.

Beware the Grue!

DArk.