Hi Thomas,

You know in the IDE of the VB6 part of Visual Studio besides the auto complete
there is also that it will instantly inform you of many little programming
errors.  You know like a missing parentheses etc.  And then there is the
integrated help system.  You know, just press the f1 key to get the syntax, an
example etc of the command that you are having trouble with.

You know every since I started programming in Basic back in 1980, I have always
programmed in the IDE.  The main reason for me is that like in VB6 I type in a
couple of lines of code and press the f5 key to run the program and test the
new lines of code.  I just would not be happy typing in a bunch of lines of
code in Note Pad or whatever, then running a command line compiler and coming
up with errors and going what, where, why.

Any who programming in the IDE has always worked well for me.

BFN

    Jim

I am using BASIC, because I don't want to be C-sick.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA