Hi,
That is pretty much what I figured. When I ran the Windos 7 upgrade on my Vista laptop, which of course had already had games on it, I discovered everything still worked. I figured it was simply a matter of installing one of the GMA Games or Jim Kitchen's winkit setup to set Windows 7 right. Until your message I couldn't confirm this was the case, because my system already had the libraries installed before doing the upgrade so it wasn't like a from scratch install of Windows 7 for me. I'm glad the games still work when you do a from scratch instal of the os.