I love the aim adjusting idea.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mota Question

Hi,
Here is an idea. This seams to me to be the only realistic solution. If you duck or crouch quickly the enemy with the sword, bow, etc will miss. However, if you remain crouching the monster will adjust his aim the next attack and hit you. That means you would have to alternate between standing and ducking to avoid various attacks. Alternatively have the game force you to stand up after a couple of seconds.

Shadow Dragon wrote:
Hmm. I'm not sure. There's got to be a way to strike a balance. I sthere a way you could, as you said, have your enemy adjust their aim? It'd take away from the realism factor, but maybe you could, and this is just an an example, say you're fighting the cyclopse. If you're standing, he could do cross body strokes with his sword, sweeping chops. If you crouch, after a couple strokes he would change to overhead swings. This way you'd have to use some strategy, find the cyclopses attack rhythm and hit him when you can, making sure to avoid his blade, and if you mess up there's always the retreat behind the door option. Just an idea.