I have a nice mouse.
if I get the cash I will buy a game mouse.
At 07:29 a.m. 21/03/2009, you wrote:
>yes. i do agree that if just by pressing the j i l keys in succession will be
>kind of too easy for players who use the keyboard for game play. i think the
>best way to encourage gamers to move on to using mouse, wii remote, or which
>ever game pad controler is to either make the j i l combination more
>difficult, as in maybe u will have to press j i l smoothly in succession in a
>really short window period of time, maybe along the lines of .3 to .5 of a
>second. sadly i think u still can't leave the good old keyboard out in any
>game no even if it's just a old tool for pc gaming for the blind and also the
>sighted because everyone has to have a keyboard in order to use a computer.
>honestly, if i feel that, after players start noticing the restrictions that a
>keyboard has as compared to mouse and wii remote, and when they start losing
>fights because of the keyboard's inability to performs certain special moves
>perfectly enough, then that's when i think players will try to start saving up
 to get themselves a good old mouse or even a game pad controler which is
competible with this game. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Che"
<c...@blindadrenaline.com> To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 1:49 AM Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Blood money
Online fighting >  The way I am thinking right now, the right hand would be
used to draw the > combination shape, such as a rainbow shape for a roundhouse
kick.  The > left > would be used to modify the combination.  So if you did a
roundhouse combo > with right control, then hit down on left, it would do a
foot sweep, up on > left would kick towards head, etc. >  It could be done with
one of the following controller setups: >  1. Game pad with analog sticks.
Draw the rainbow with right stick, hold > down on left. > 2. Wii controllers,
draw rainbow with right, pull down on nunchuck with > left. > 3. Mouse and
keyboard. Draw shape with mouse, press d key to modify down. > D > would be
down, e
 up, s left and f right. >  Notice this leaves no room for keyboard only input.
I realize I could > allow the keyboard user to draw a rainbow shape with j i l.
but this is > way > too easy to do compared to what the users of other
controllers would have > to > pull off, and not fair to the non keyboard folks
out there. >  Thoughts? >  Che > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Cory
Kadlik" <ckadl...@verizon.net> > To: "Gamers Discussion list"
<gamers@audyssey.org> > Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 12:01 PM > Subject: Re:
[Audyssey] Blood money Online fighting > > >> This has some potential maybe? >>
----- Original Message ----- >> From: "Steady Goh" <stea...@gmail.com> >> To:
"Che" <c...@blindadrenaline.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" >>
<gamers@audyssey.org> >> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 2:47 AM >> Subject: Re:
[Audyssey] Blood money Online fighting >> >> >>> Che, your plans on the wii
mote actions is far more complicated than I >>> thought. Now I understand why
is it that is dif
ficult to translate them >>> into key strokes. In fact, the mouse alone
wouldn't be sufficient to do >>> all those I think. Game controllers is the way
to go. I hope you won't >>> make it like wii boxing which is totally motion
bassed. You know, we >>> have >>> 12 hours differences. If it is like wii
boxing, I might have to exercise >>> and sweat at 2 3 am over here. hahaha!
Maybe I played mortal kombat a >>> lot >>> and got used to the way it works, I
personally prefer a combination of >>> both. What they does is, punch kick
combos are done by pressing the d >>> pad >>> in a specific sequence whereas
special power moves are pulled out by >>> swinging the wii remote. Fatalities
are done by swinging both the wii >>> remote and nunchuck. I still can't
constantly excicute the fatalities >>> right yet. >>> >>> Ok, I am thinking
very far ahead now, but consider this. the features of >>> blood money already
sounds as good as the mainstream fighting games. If >>> it goes well, you might
want to explore the possibility of hiring >>> someone >>> to add in graphics
and make it the first title to be converted from >>> accessible game for the
blind to a mainstream game. >>> >>> 锦发/Steady Goh >>>  ----- Original
Message ----- >>>  From: Che >>>  To: Gamers Discussion list >>>  Sent: Friday,
March 20, 2009 1:36 PM >>>  Subject: [Audyssey] Blood money Online fighting >>>
is Blood Money. >>> This will probably change, but we need something to call it
instead of >>> Blind Adrenaline's online fighting game, hahaa. >>>    And yes,
I know there was a game in the eighties called Blood Money, >>> one of the
better shoot 'em ups I ever played in fact. >>>    Anyhow, maybe this time the
thread won't get hijacked by those to >>> inconsiderate to change the subject
line when they change the topic. >>>    Back to the game: >>>    Kel asked
about the Wii controllers.  Yes, from my research, we >>> sho
uld >>> have full access to the Wii remotes, including force feedback, sending
>>> audio to the remote itself and so forth, which should be an amazing way >>>
to interface with this and future games from Blind Adrenaline.  When you >>>
get ready to do a roundhouse kick, you'll have to pull the nunchuck to >>> you,
while ripping the main controller in a rainbow shape at the same >>> time, pull
both controllers to your chest to block, etc. The >>> possibilities are
endless. >>>    It looks like using XNA will also allow me to include the use
of the >>> XBox controllers, which are amazing little devices, with two analog
>>> buttons on the front, analog sticks on the top and force feedback as >>>
well. In my opinion, these are the best non motion sensitive controllers >>>
out there, and being able to use them with accessible games will be >>>
awesome. >>>    Steady had some good ideas regarding tournament fighting, and
it >>> would >>> be interesting to gang fight, so you would have t
wo or three people >>> trying to take out another two or three.  This would add
a whole new >>> dimension to the game, but executing this would be tricky for
sure.  I'd >>> like to do it, but we'll have to see how it goes as the game
matures. >>>    Did some latency testing today, and everything is looking good,
at >>> least in the continental united states, I haven't done any testing over
>>> seas yet, but we'll be doing that soon. >>>    If you have any comments and
suggestions for Blood Money, let me >>> know, >>> I am outlining everything
over the next few weeks, and I'd like to get >>> your input before coding
starts so we make this the best fighting game >>> out there. >>>    Later, >>>
  Che >>>  Developer - Blind Adrenaline Simulations >>>    Play online. The
future of Accessible gaming is here. >>>  --- >>>  Gamers mailing list __
Gamers@audyssey.org >>>  If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to >>>
gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org. >>>  You can make changes or updat
e your subscription via the web, at >>>
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org. >>>  All messages are
archived and can be searched and read at >>>
http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org. >>>  If you have any questions
or concerns regarding the management of the >>> list, >>>  please send E-mail
to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org. >>> >>> >>>
gamers-ow...@audyssey.org. >>> >> >> >> >> --- >> Gamers mailing list __